Morning people are successful people. Adopt a routine and stick with it. Make yourself a morning habits and you will start to see BIG results. So hold off hitting that snooze button and follow this tips that guarantee you a more productive future!
1. Wake Early: Wake up early in the morning and start practicing the morning habits. I am a big fan of waking at 6am and spending time working on myself before going to work.
2. Exercise: when I had the goal of exercising 4 times a week I found it was very easy to tell myself I will exercise tomorrow instead. Setting the expectation of daily exercise removed this as a potential excuse and I have since reaped the benefits of this daily habit.
3. Review or Rewrite Your Goals: every day I try to get closer to achieving my goals. Starting the day by reviewing or rewriting my goals means that I have better awareness of them throughout the day.
4. Motivate Yourself: in the morning a whole day of endless possibilities lies ahead. I motivate myself with running 5km in the morning. After that I read the daily news. At 7am I start preparing for work while I listen to my favorite music.
5. Visualize the Day Ahead: I like to take a few minutes to shut my eyes and visualize what I want happen in the coming day. It’s amazing how often my desires become reality when I do this.
6. Write a “To Do” List: I like to write out a list in my diary of the important tasks I need to do that day. As they are completed I put a line through them. So simple, yet so effective.
7. Check the News Headlines: I think it’s important to have an idea of what is happening in our community and the world. Also if don’t at least check the main stories, I find it is easy to feel left out of conversations throughout the day. Having said this, much of the news is negative and I’m careful not to spend too much time digesting it unless there is a particular story of note.
8. Blog: I find there are many benefits to blogging. Starting a blog can help you gain clarity, be creative, make new friends, and may even generate you some income. If you would like to start a blog I recommend WordPress.
9. Take Time to Look Good: it’s a reality of life that people judge us by our appearance. Take a few minutes every morning to ensure that you go out on the streets feeling good and confident.
10. Smile. You’ve probably heard about the importance of smiling, but as the saying goes“common sense is often quite uncommon.” I try to carry a smile with me on throughout the day. I find that not only does it make me happier, but it can make other people smile and open the door to conversations with people I haven’t talked to before.
If you manage to practice this 10 morning habits you will feel better and you will enjoy your day!